30 March 2018

Supplier Ratings: Reach Out & Build, Inc.

Supplier: Reach Out and Build Inc.
Price Tag: Php 458,093
Rating: Php 0/10 (10 being the highest)

____________
2018 Update: The roof they installed last year came off and they've threatened me with libel, so I've changed their rating to 0. Details can be found here and here.
____________

Pros:
Well, they were reasonable when it came to fees and the cement hollow block fence is still standing. And at least they kept coming back to repair the carport roof whenever it leaked. Though that was before I paid them in full. Hmmm, I wonder - will they return if ever the roof leaks again (the probability of which is rather great)?

Cons:
Where do I begin? The list of our complaints is rather long, but here are a few that I've posted about before:

https://twostoreys.blogspot.com/2017/06/renovation-update-18.html

https://twostoreys.blogspot.com/2017/07/renovation-update-19.html

https://twostoreys.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-tale-of-temporary-cement-floor.html

https://twostoreys.blogspot.com/2017/08/finished.html

https://twostoreys.blogspot.com/2017/08/renovation-update-20.html

Notice the rotten paint job outside in the picture on the left? It's also inside the house, like the shelves we can't really store books on as the paint they used sticks to just about everything:


The bottom shelf cracked after we placed a few children's books:


On the left is the door I ordered (but painted white), and on the right is the door they delivered.


I kid you not - the extremely hideous door is brown and white with a metal pattern I NEVER asked for. Oh, how about that frosted plastic thing in the middle? Apparently, they do want they want without consulting the one who paid for it. I thought about returning it, but I would need to look for another supplier and I was just too tired (wanted to get things over and done with). They got rid of the white paint and made the whole thing brown.

It's been five months from the time they left, and the doors and garage floor already need repair:



I asked them if the red paint on the door will crack or fade and they assured me it wouldn't happen. They also said that once the paint dries on the other areas they've painted over, it will blend with the existing color. They also said the garage floor will not be the color blue once it dries up... This just proves that you cannot believe a word they say.

I really regret hiring Reach Out and Build and wish I had gone with AQM Interior Services instead which a friend of mine had already tried out and spoke highly of. I had talked to AQM, and they admitted that they've done mostly interiors, so I wasn't sure how they'd fare with exteriors.

Well, the next time we need a contractor, I definitely know who NOT to call.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...