15 August 2017

"Finished"

Reach Out and Build packed up and left last week, Aug 9, and here's what our house looks like:


Banner bolt doesn't go in at all - it just ends at the top of the hole rendering it completely useless. The gate now worries me as I've seen how even a light breeze can have it slamming into one of the cars.



They really do not care how your house looks - splotches of excess paint are all over the place (too many to post here). I've told them that I'm coming over to their homes and office to give them the same paint job.


I asked them to convert one of the electrical outlets to 110v (which they did), but the electrician needed to insert a grounding wire. He assured me that insects will not enter the hole they made for said wire. Uh, okay, if you say so... Also, thanks for giving stray cats something to play with.


This is at eye level beside the front door. I'm guessing that when they took off the masking tape and newspaper used for painting the door, the paint got ripped off. It's been a few weeks since they did the door and never bothered to repair the surrounding area - that tells you that they think this is completely acceptable.


They cemented the bottom part of the wall, but never mentioned anything about coming back to paint it.


Their name should be changed to Reach Out and DESTROY. On the left is part of our garage floor, and on the right is green paint peeking out from when they fixed the exterior window frames. Also, more splotches of white paint.

I wonder what else I'll find?

Reach Out and Build has promised to come back to repair everything including a leaking faucet they installed. The dripping was rather loud, so not sure why they didn't notice...

Oh, and the leaking carport roof? Dionel, the one in charge of our house, told me that I should not be worried about a drip here or there. Only waterfall-like leaks are what I should find alarming. What I find alarming is that he thought drips are acceptable. I sent them the following text message:

"Let me ask you this, if you bought an expensive bag or shirt with a small hole in it, wouldn't you return it and have it exchanged?

I am already dealing with the wrong color roof, aforementioned hideous screen door, and incorrect shelves. Not to mention paying for a cement floor that didn't work out. Must I also put up with a dripping roof? No one told me in the beginning that I should expect dripping. If it were your roof, would you accept it?

Considering the history of being told that things have been fixed, only to find out the opposite being true, please note that I will wait for heavy rainfall to check the roof before giving the final payment. And that the gate doesn't give in to the slightest gust of wind."

11 comments:

Isa said...

Hi,

I was browsing around to find renovation costs and ended up reading everything with regards to your home. I feel for what you and your husband has gone through.

Our house was built by a contractor that is friends pa with my mom and she even loans them money for some of their construction gigs. You'd expect more... sigh... we wish.

Problems were apparent even from the first year pa lang. And similarly, frustration and just got tired dealing with their empty promises, we decided to let it go.

So fast forward it has been 5 years since we moved, we have saved up (so I thought) to start renovations where we need it the most. So far, I have asked one friend for a quote I have seen her work and she is very particular to details. My heart skipped a beat for the total contract price though.

Now contemplating on whether to look for cheaper options or stick with her.

Marisa

Isa said...

To add, thanks for putting up all the costs... I now know that the proposal given to me is in the average range.

Nicole said...

Hi Marisa,

It's worse when friends or family members are your suppliers! We've been through that too and swore we'd never do that again. You're welcome =)

Anonymous said...

You moved out of Cainta, we moved naman to Cainta from Malabon.

Naku, they were not mere suppliers, they were the developers themselves. I'm still scratching my head today for the need to have a wall replaced (to cover and protect from sm charm construction and potential intruders).

Also an extensive waterproofing is needed, as parts of the cabinets on that side of the wall has started to rot and reek of mold. Quoted price 700k arggggh!!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

700k? I'd also start shrieking :/ Who's your developer?

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for putting up detailed information about your house construction and renovation. I can understand you and your husband's frustrations (from the developer to renovation contractors). My wife and I are first time buyer of the house and lot around Silang Area and I can say that we are on the 1st stage of your frustrations. Thankfully I stumble across your blog and it gives us a lot of information which will be useful for our house renovation. Our property was recently turned over after 2 months argument with the developer for using a sub-standard window frames and doors. I still have a long way to go to complete our house, but with tons of information you provided here, it will be much easier for me to deal with the contractors and who are the ones that I should avoid.

Again, thanks!

Nicole said...

Hi Orlan,

I'm glad you've found this blog useful :) I wish you lots of luck and fewer headaches!

Isa said...

I personally know the owner and have seen her work. Discounted na daw un. Waaaaaaaaaaa

https://www.facebook.com/ACE-Furnitures-Interiors-310228169097456/

Nicole said...

Yikes =(

Isa said...

I finally told her that her price was way beyond what we had saved so far. Plus, my boss just called, im going to nj next month. Yihaa!!!

Nicole said...

Continue looking around, you might find a better deal. Have a safe trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...