09 August 2010
Window Shopping: Existing Electrical Service Upgrade
The "Electrical Kit" we sent to suppliers contained the floor plan with notes on what we wanted done and where, the electrical plan and pictures of the panel board. It also contained the following information provided by Alecto:
SCOPE OF WORK
- Additional Power Load
1. Provide and install new 3 – 30Amp Circuit breakers at space of your existing panel.
2. Provide and install the 3/4" dia PVC conduit from panel board to additional ordinary convenience outlet, aircon, water heater and washing machine.
3. Provide and install new wires of 3 #3.5mm2 THHN for additional ordinary convenience outlets and washing machine.
4. Provide and install new wires of 2 #5.5mm2 and 1 #3.5mm2 THHN for additional load of water heater and aircon units.
5. If necessary we shall do the chipping and restoration works for layout as specified in the proposed location of additional loads.
6. Provide and install of wiring devices (convenience outlet), “National” brand to the proposed location of power outlets.
7. Provide and install additional loads for water heater and aircon units, “National” brand to the proposed location of power outlets.
8. Terminate, test and commission.
- Lighting System
1. Provide and install 3/4” dia PVC conduit including boxes and fitting for additional switches at specified locations.
2. Provide and pulling of 3.5mm2 THHN wire from existing lighting fixtures going to new switches.
3. Relocate and reuse existing lighting fixtures affected by the renovation works.
4. Provide and install additional 4 sets of dimmer switch to specified locations.
5. Provide and install additional 2 sets of 3-way switch with faceplate and 1 gang switch with faceplate.
6. Terminate, test and commission.
- Telephone Works
1. Provide and install 1/2" dia PVC conduit including boxes and for the new telephone outlet from existing telephone outlet.
2. Provide and pulling of telephone cable from existing outlet going to new telephone outlets.
3. Terminate, test and commission.
LIST OF MATERIALS NEEDED
- For Power System
A. 1. 5.5 mm2 THHN wire - 78 meters
2. 3.5 mm2 THHN wire - 162 meters
B. 1. 20 mm dia PVC pipe - 85 meters
2. Adaptor Connector - 100 pcs
3. Locknut & Bushing - 100 pcs
4. Junction box - 30 pcs
5. Utility box - 20 pcs
C. 1. Duplex convenience outlet, grounding type with face plate - 5 sets
2. Special outlet with face plate - 6 sets
D. 1. Circuit breaker 30AT, 100AT Koten brand - 3 pcs
- For Lighting System
A. 1. 3.5 mm2 THHN wire - 10 meters
B. 1. 20 mm dia PVC pipe and connectors - 20 meters
2. Adaptor Connector - 30 pcs
3. Locknut & Bushing - 30 pcs
4. Junction box - 5 pcs
5. Utility box - 10 pcs
C. 1. 3 – way switch with face plate - 2 pcs
2. Dimmer switch with face plate - 4 pcs
3. Single pole switch with face plate - 1 pc
- For Telephone
A. 1. 2 pair wire - 18 meters
B. 1. Modular jack with cover - 2 sets
C. 1. 15 mm dia PVC pipe and connectors - 19 meters
- Alecto General Technology Corporation
Office: 9694 Pililia corner Conception Sts., Makati City
Telephone Numbers: 890 2571, 890 2492, 890 3604, 895 5652
Price: Php 118,000
Notes: Originally, their quote was for Php 121,230 so we asked for the option of getting the majority of the materials ourselves and just paying for labor which amounted to Php 85,000 (inclusive of miscellaneous items). A trip to Wilcon Builders' Depot showed that we would save Php 3300 if we purchased the materials. In the greater scheme of things, that's not much considering I would need to go on leave just to wait for the delivery so we decided it wasn't worth it.
As to the discount, that was courtesy of Patrick, my office mate mentioned in the last post, who talked to his contact at Alecto. So now, it's as though we're getting the materials at cost.
- Net Pacific, Inc.
Office: 3QA, ODC Bldg., 219 Salcedo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City
Telephone Numbers: 893 9306, 893 4953
Price: Php 240,955
Notes: Their labor cost alone was Php 120,000. Enough said.