11 January 2011

My Head in the Clouds

I had so much fun thinking of what we hope to do for the house this year that I've decided to take my daydreaming a step further! This post will be about the stores that I would love to shop in once we win the lottery...

But first up, my pick for interior decorator: Celerie Kemble. In some parallel universe, we are able to hire Ms. Kemble to fix up the house. Sigh. I loved her book, To Your Taste, which (to quote from the back cover) "...teaches you how to think like an interior decorator and create rooms that tell your story - with substance and style." Here are a couple of pictures of her work that I like best:


The following establishments have almost everything needed for the house - furniture, tableware, bed & bath items, lamps, home accessories and even wallpaper - so I'll just list them in alphabetical order:

Laura Ashley




You can view their online catalogue here.

Pottery Barn




You can view their online catalogue here.

The great thing about their websites is that they've already hired decorators to help showcase their products so you'll easily get an idea how to arrange things. In fact, they offer their design services so you can hire them for your house (that is if you live in their area).

And with the Pottery Barn, they have a section on decorating where you can try out their room planner and check their gallery of room ideas.

By the way, I am not connected to any of the stores mentioned in this post. It's just that I really love the style they represent so I've decided to feature them as I hope to be able to re-create the same look in our house. But since we can't hire them (they are not in our budget range or in the same continent), I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

2 comments:

poison ivy said...

i love the color scheme of Laura Ashley, very relaxing :)

Nicole said...

Nice, noh? I just wish I could order and not think about shipping costs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...