11 July 2009

Freebie

They sent the wrong book.

I ordered "Knack Organizing Your Home: Decluttering Solutions and Storage Ideas by Emily Wilska" through Books in the Balance (BITB), one of the Amazon Marketplace sellers. A few weeks later, I check with my aunt in the US and it turns out that BITB delivered "Knack Green Decorating & Remodeling: Design Ideas and Sources for a Beautiful Eco-Friendly Home by Heather Paper" instead.

Inconvenient but I wasn't too bothered because I knew that things would be fixed quickly. I sent them an email and after three days (and one follow-up), Amazon sent notification that they've given me a full refund ($9.46).

Now that bothered me - I wanted to return the book BITB delivered and get my actual order. But that was not to be since I asked them how I could give the book back and they sent an email telling me to "please keep it on us."

When I check online, the same book is now selling for $16.22 (inclusive of taxes). Sigh.

Well, I ordered it again despite the price increase which brought my total to four. Hmmm... Four books about storage? I must admit that's a little too much.

On the bright side, I now have a book on decorating that will help save the environment at the same time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...