20 October 2017

The Cusm Furniture Shop Nightmare: Part II

- Six days later -

Nicole: Any update? Your silence makes me think more that all that MDF wasn't a mistake.

Cusm: I did not reply last week because we talked to the workers who were in charge of your cabinets, and according to them they only used MDF on the kitchen doors. And they don't remember anymore as it's been 7 years unless we go there and check. Anyway, we are really sorry and we will refund your downpayment. Can I get your bank account number or I will send thru LBC the amount of Php 48,320.

Nicole: Tita, you've been so sure from the beginning that only the doors have MDF. If it was a mistake, how would you or the workers know or remember? So it seems based on your emails, the MDF was on purpose especially since they even recall it was only for the doors.

No need to come over as I had Timberpro go over each and every cabinet. He told me more than 70% is MDF.

So we paid over Php 171,000+ for MDF. Is that fair?

I feel like we've been scammed. This reminds me of the time Uncle Stephen charged us Php 11,000 for a demand letter. I found out later Php 3,000 was already too expensive for that type of service. And my cousin-in-law told me he could have done it for free.

But we trusted Uncle Stephen as he was Daddy's brother. Needless to say to this day I feel betrayed and makes me question the type relatives Earl has. We also trusted you.

Let's hope you or your daughter never have to go through what we went through with you. You'll never understand how pained and angry I am until you experience the same thing.

Oh, remember I mentioned there were doors that were returned because I found out they were made of MDF? Their color is different from the rest of the cabinets so It was easy to find out which ones were replaced. It's not just the doors, a few drawers too. But I'm skeptical whether they were really replaced or just repainted.

So it seems that Timberpro is right.

Php 48,320 is not enough and not equal to how we've been cheated.

And here's one of the things that really gets to me - you've known from the beginning that the doors were made of MDF, why did you go through with it knowing what's on the signed contract? Why didn't you have it changed? You made us pay you the full amount even though you knew that what you did was wrong.

Again, if it was a mistake that you didn't know about, how did you or the workers know right away that it's only the doors?

Cusm: We will deposit Php 171,000 tomorrow. What bank did you give? We will pull out all the items on Saturday.

We will deposit tomorrow your P 171,000. What bank did you give? And please schedule the pull out of all that we deliver on Saturday.

Nicole: No, I just want what's fair. Are you being sarcastic? And it seems you're the one who's mad. Reminds me of an oft repeated saying.

Pull out all the kitchen, pantry, linen and laundry cabinets? It's different if it were just the doors - you could have just switched everything in one day.

Attached is a picture of one of the shelves. We're cleaning everything as we're moving in this weekend. They forgot to cover one end with laminate. Is that MDF?


And here's another shelf.

Just give what the price would have been for 70% MDF seven years ago and give us the difference from what we paid.


You said refund Php 171,000 and you'll pull out all the cabinets? Seriously? You're the one who's wrong and you're the one who's angry?

It really makes me question what kind of people are the ones who get mad even after they were found to be majorly at fault. Is that what you've taught your daughter?

Come to think of it, should I even trust you to give an honest refund? Based on your last reply, no.

What right have you to get mad? None.

________________________________________

The Cusm Furniture Shop Nightmare: Part III


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...