15 December 2012

Tannenbaum

I've been having a bit of a dilemma - to decorate or not to decorate?

At first I was excited, but then the thought of having to pack and ship everything home gave me pause (not to mention the cost). So I am still undecided which is the reason why there hasn't been much activity on this blog lately.

But since Christmas is around the corner, I was thinking it would be too sad if we didn't have anything that looked remotely festive. So I decided on a disposable Christmas tree.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a small 160 cm tree for just SGD 12.99 over at Giant. When I went back to buy it yesterday, they were already sold out with no plans of restocking. Thus I bought the next inexpensive tree at SGD 32.99 with a metal base - it was the same height and the only difference being the cheaper one had a plastic base with more tips. In other words, the cheaper tree was a much better deal. Lesson learned - when you see it, buy it.

The red and gold balls were from Daiso at SGD 2 per pack of 10 balls. The red and gold flowers at SGD 3.95 each (I got 10 pieces) were purchased from Takashimaya along with the lights at SGD 11.90.

One item I will most likely keep is the star tree topper from Metro at SGD 23.90. I also wanted to buy a wreath but the prices ranged from SGD 50-90 which I thought was too expensive considering I am planning to dump almost everything in the trash bin after the holidays. I could store it but again, lugging it home will be a problem when we leave.



Total bill: SGD 116.29

Hmmm... when added together, that doesn't seem too cheap. Maybe I'll keep the red and gold flowers too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...